Ideas & Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Any of you have any ideas for the rpg? Any elements you would like to add?
Feel free to share them here Razz
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Xicor on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Maybe an arena on every planet where u can challenge opponents but if someone loses he doesn't die.
avatar
Xicor

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-01-24

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:48 pm

You mean something like a Spar?
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Xicor on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah something like that
avatar
Xicor

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-01-24

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Javalman on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:33 pm

This machine where you can do intense training Piccolo Charge at 10x gravity without having to go Vegeta or King Kai's Planet. But you have to pay.

Javalman

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-01-21
Location : 1455 NW 80th ave Unit G 33063 Margate FL

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Xicor on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm

That would be nice. But I dont really get it how to get zeny:P
It would also b awesome if there were quests like search for the first dragonball or something
avatar
Xicor

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-01-24

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Valken on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Maybe a calculation system for battles that way no one can get confused on who has how much hp/ki after using attacks almost like when you dice roll but instead of dice or saying you use the ability it gets clicked like you do the dice roll and automatically deducts could even put a charge option in there just as you do with choosing to add more rolls for dice and possibly more items and a few more races to play as would always be a fun addition. Different races starting with different abilities and stats,.. hmm well I should have a few more ideas after I get some sleep it's 1 A.M. for me and I'm feeling kinda burnt out but I usually have a over flowing well of ideas as far as DBZ goes lol!
avatar
Valken

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 32
Location : Florida, U.S.A

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 9138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 am

Valken wrote:Maybe a calculation system for battles that way no one can get confused on who has how much hp/ki after using attacks almost like when you dice roll but instead of dice or saying you use the ability it gets clicked like you do the dice roll and automatically deducts could even put a charge option in there just as you do with choosing to add more rolls for dice and possibly more items and a few more races to play as would always be a fun addition. Different races starting with different abilities and stats,.. hmm well I should have a few more ideas after I get some sleep it's 1 A.M. for me and I'm feeling kinda burnt out but I usually have a over flowing well of ideas as far as DBZ goes lol!
Lets go even further, a button that starts a battle and choses a winner based on stats XDD
Or a button that trains you and viges you stats lol
This kind of things will eliminate all RP XD I mean if every thing will be auto generated there is no point to roleplay and every thing will be generic.
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Xicor on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:24 am

Korn✔️ wrote:
Valken wrote:Maybe a calculation system for battles that way no one can get confused on who has how much hp/ki after using attacks almost like when you dice roll but instead of dice or saying you use the ability it gets clicked like you do the dice roll and automatically deducts could even put a charge option in there just as you do with choosing to add more rolls for dice and possibly more items and a few more races to play as would always be a fun addition. Different races starting with different abilities and stats,.. hmm well I should have a few more ideas after I get some sleep it's 1 A.M. for me and I'm feeling kinda burnt out but I usually have a over flowing well of ideas as far as DBZ goes lol!
Lets go even further, a button that starts a battle and choses a winner based on stats XDD
Or a button that trains you and viges you stats lol
This kind of things will eliminate all RP XD I mean if every thing will be auto generated there is no point to roleplay and every thing will be generic.
I agree with Korn, and BTW that isn't easy to make.
avatar
Xicor

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-01-24

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 am

Xicor wrote:
Korn✔️ wrote:
Valken wrote:Maybe a calculation system for battles that way no one can get confused on who has how much hp/ki after using attacks almost like when you dice roll but instead of dice or saying you use the ability it gets clicked like you do the dice roll and automatically deducts could even put a charge option in there just as you do with choosing to add more rolls for dice and possibly more items and a few more races to play as would always be a fun addition. Different races starting with different abilities and stats,.. hmm well I should have a few more ideas after I get some sleep it's 1 A.M. for me and I'm feeling kinda burnt out but I usually have a over flowing well of ideas as far as DBZ goes lol!
Lets go even further, a button that starts a battle and choses a winner based on stats XDD
Or a button that trains you and viges you stats lol
This kind of things will eliminate all RP XD I mean if every thing will be auto generated there is no point to roleplay and every thing will be generic.
I agree with Korn, and BTW that isn't easy to make.
True^^
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Valken on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 am

Well it was a suggestion Razz and like I said I was rather tired so maybe not the best of suggestions though I still say something that could calculate damage would be nice and maybe it's just because I'm a pc tech but I don't find a program like what I mentioned too difficult to make.
avatar
Valken

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 32
Location : Florida, U.S.A

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 9138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Valken on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I was looking over the techniques list and noticed that there was no Power level requirement for some of the really powerful attacks like big bang for instance, one shouldn't be able to use a move like that until they have at the very least 1 million power level so far the only requirement for it is ki beam and well, as I already have that and such a low power level for me to rp all the sudden using a move like that would just be totally lame even a move like Krillin's destructo disc shouldn't be learned until a very high pl because of the fact that it is an instant kill, another thing I was wondering is, shouldn't the ability to sense ki be a technique that can only be learned after being on earth for a certain amount of time just as Vegeta learned the ability only after visiting while even in later episodes someone as powerful as Frieza didn't even have that ability. Speaking of Frieza just how do you learn death beam because the method and technique are not on the forums. Think I covered enough stuff? lol!
avatar
Valken

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 32
Location : Florida, U.S.A

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 9138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Hmmm more people to rp? I can't say how much dbz fans are out there, but I believe there is still a large number. Any advertising methods we could use besides top dbz sites?
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 am

Valken wrote:I was looking over the techniques list and noticed that there was no Power level requirement for some of the really powerful attacks like big bang for instance, one shouldn't be able to use a move like that until they have at the very least 1 million power level so far the only requirement for it is ki beam and well, as I already have that and such a low power level for me to rp all the sudden using a move like that would just be totally lame even a move like Krillin's destructo disc shouldn't be learned until a very high pl because of the fact that it is an instant kill, another thing I was wondering is, shouldn't the ability to sense ki be a technique that can only be learned after being on earth for a certain amount of time just as Vegeta learned the ability only after visiting while even in later episodes someone as powerful as Frieza didn't even have that ability. Speaking of Frieza just how do you learn death beam because the method and technique are not on the forums. Think I covered enough stuff? lol!
Well keep in mind that to learn Big Bang you need to know Ki Beam and to know Ki Beam, you need to know Ki Blast so thats 3 techniques. You can learn 1 a day so it'll take 3 days just to learn Big Bang that won't even be strong unless your SPR is high.
Lets say I have 20 SPR when I use Big Bang.
20(SPR) + 25(PV) = 45 potential DMG
Now if the guy who gets hit has even 40 END almost all of the DMG is blocked and the user already lost 25 KI.

Hmmm more people to rp? I can't say how much dbz fans are out there, but I believe there is still a large number. Any advertising methods we could use besides top dbz sites?
If you have any ideas im all ear Smile
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 am

I had just hatched an idea. How about a promo vid made for this site? Well this might lead to a personal youtube channel of the DBRP but think about it. Wouldn't it be cool?

If that doesn't work out, we can make some sort of advertising poster for this site.
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Korn✔ on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 am

Promo.. Nice idea, I may actually do it Smile
avatar
Korn✔
Admin

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 23

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 1885

View user profile http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:24 am

Hmm, if you happen to have an advertisement of this site, I can probably advertise on Team Four Star. Smile
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

battles

Post  cypheroth on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:24 pm

ok the battle system is seriously flawed....almost everyone has a 100 point difference at least in the str and another characters end so everything will be one hit kill, also there should be some kind of smaller penalty for bieng challenged and not accepting like the guy can rp he beat you and you lose power lvl or zeny or somethin. people have like 800 end and crap to so losing one point for getting hit and taking no damage is kinda ridiculous, it seems the power levels are way higher on average than the combat sytem was based on... ... not just ripping here i actually like this site looking forward to its development Razz
also does my android go to other world when he dies?? he is largely organic..

cypheroth

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-01-29

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 1838

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:20 pm

I suggest power level to be considered as health. That'll make things less complicated I guess.
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

word

Post  cypheroth on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 pm

thats a great idea but doesnt solve attacks not getting through at all on someone with just a marginal end diff. also i think there should be a word count bonus cap. you should be allowed to write as much as you want but only get a max word count bonus of 400 cause some of these stories get real rambly and are obviously just for points and they get thousands of points a post. until theres a point cap ima keep my posts under 800 words to try to keep the PL's close so battles will be relevant

cypheroth

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-01-29

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 1838

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Isn't there a procedure that mentions "Attacker's SPR + Technique's PV - Defender's END = Damage"?
The only suggestion I have in mind for this is any techniques that can boost a target's END instead of full on offensive moves. Like fighting stances, energy shield, whatever. Anyone agree?
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Valken on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 pm

cypheroth wrote:thats a great idea but doesnt solve attacks not getting through at all on someone with just a marginal end diff. also i think there should be a word count bonus cap. you should be allowed to write as much as you want but only get a max word count bonus of 400 cause some of these stories get real rambly and are obviously just for points and they get thousands of points a post. until theres a point cap ima keep my posts under 800 words to try to keep the PL's close so battles will be relevant

Thus the jealousy begins for those who don't like to type over 1000 word posts against those who like to, the bonus is incentive for those who need it to put depth into their posts Rolling Eyes as far as battles being relevant, they wont be as long as the system stays the same, it should be changed so that someone even half your power level has some sort of chance to even hurt you Razz
avatar
Valken

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 32
Location : Florida, U.S.A

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 9138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Guardian on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:10 am

Valken wrote:
cypheroth wrote:thats a great idea but doesnt solve attacks not getting through at all on someone with just a marginal end diff. also i think there should be a word count bonus cap. you should be allowed to write as much as you want but only get a max word count bonus of 400 cause some of these stories get real rambly and are obviously just for points and they get thousands of points a post. until theres a point cap ima keep my posts under 800 words to try to keep the PL's close so battles will be relevant

Thus the jealousy begins for those who don't like to type over 1000 word posts against those who like to, the bonus is incentive for those who need it to put depth into their posts Rolling Eyes as far as battles being relevant, they wont be as long as the system stays the same, it should be changed so that someone even half your power level has some sort of chance to even hurt you Razz

I was about to say that in the first place but then I thought, nah. lol But I agree too.
Though, I still suggest defensive techniques. There's barely any in the RPG. x[
avatar
Guardian

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 22
Location : New Orleans, Earth

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Anguish on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Well how about people with a certain amount of pl cant attack someone at a lower set amount of pl. That way you can't get bum hurt about it.
avatar
Anguish

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-01-21

Character
Race: Saiyan
Location:
PL: 11509

View user profile

Back to top Go down

that works

Post  cypheroth on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:09 pm

that makes perfect sense lol i like it high five, and i retract my previous word bonus objection the more i thought about it the more it made sense for ppl who put the effort in to be rewarded as long as its not incoherent rambling for points which i havent really even seen

cypheroth

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-01-29

Character
Race: Android
Location:
PL: 1838

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas & Suggestions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum